Welcome to the DFK Exchange:
How to Get Around Like a Pro
• Get Started
• Your Profile
• Technical Stuff
• The homepage
1. In order to do anything, you have to sign in. You can read postings and comments all day long, but in order to participate in any discussion or to join any group at all, you must sign in -- or sign up-- first.
Back to top
2. Once you have signed up, you can create your very own Profile page.
Why do you need a profile page? The profile page represents you and everything about you. You can use it to communicate with other members, update it with your own pictures and videos and keep track with all of your DFK Exchange friends. You can even start your own blog about topics that you find relevant to this community.
- Don’t forget to check your personal tool bar (in black) at the top of the page. This toolbar allows you to adjust your profile settings for more or less privacy and lets you control your e-mail alerts.
Back to top
3. Now that you have established your profile and uploaded a photo (see all the Technical stuff below) so that we can see who it is we are talking to, it is time to poke around the Main page.
What does the Main page do? Use the main page as your main source of information. You can get daily updates from event planners and other Exchange members, join groups, have group discussions, watch videos and view uploaded pictures, read our weekly blog posts and post your own discussion topics or questions.
Back to top
What is all this stuff on the homepage, anyway?
- Members – these are all the people involved in the DFK Exchange community. Click on their profile, find out who they are and send them a message.
- Groups – Groups are important to the functionality of this site. Groups are member-driven and revolve around hosting local events, fundraising and other DFK event considerations.
Set up (or search for) your own group using your Club or unit name, your city and your state in the header or in the search field. Drive Club staff, local community members and sponsors to your Group page so that you can discuss all the aspects of your event in detail.
Use the Group page to announce meetings, post meeting notes and make other general notifications that apply to your Group members.
- Latest Activity – This feature lets you keep track of what other members are doing on the Exchange.
- DFK Exchange Badge – use this icon to drive other people to the Exchange. Paste it on your other social networking pages (facebook, myspace) and let people know that you are a part of making a kid’s day.
- Videos – Watch ours and upload your own. Keep it tasteful and relevant please!
- Photos – Same as above; upload your Day for Kids photos and browse through all of the ones that have already been posted.
- Forums – Updated weekly or more, this is the place where you can respond to pressing questions involving DFK event planning obstacles, challenges or disasters! Read what other members have to say, and then post your own comments or reflections about the selected discussion.
All the Technical stuff:
- How to upload a photo: See Ning’s version (they’re better at explaining it!)
- How to navigate Forums
- How to navigate Groups
- How to upload a video
Having a Problem?
Send us feedback by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on the Feedback link located at the bottom of every page.
Is it technical? Simply click on the Report an Issue link at the bottom of the page and let us know what the problem is.